1. With the blue caps still in place, wash the exterior of each PF-4 water filter with warm water and mild dish soap.
2. Remove both blue caps from each end of the PF-4 water filter, make sure your hands are clean.
3. Place the rubber priming button (light brownish color) onto one end of the PF-4 water filter and align the hole in the button with the hole in the PF-4 water filter.
4. Press the priming button up against a sink faucet so that the priming button creates a fixation seal between the faucet and the PF-4 filter.
5. While holding the priming button against the faucet, turn on the cold water gently and allow the water to fill the cavity of the PF-4 water filter and discharge from the opposite end. Allow the water to discharge for at least 28 seconds or until the water runs clear, whichever is longer. Place your thumb on top of the faucet to apply pressure creating a tighter seal.
6. Now repeat the process by turning the PF-4 water filter over and priming the filter from the opposite end in the same manner.
7. Prime each additional PF-4 filter repeating steps 3-6.
Please note that all PF-4 filters must be primed before initial use.
2 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements ($84), 4 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements ($168), 6 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements ($252), 8 Berkey PF-4™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements ($336)