Finding and Setting Up Your Berkey® Water Filter- GlobalTradersPlus Inc.™- Berkey® Water Filters
Finding the perfect Berkey® water filter system:
There are many choices to choose from when selecting the Berkey® water filter that is perfect and fulfills you and your family’s needs.
The first procedure is to choose your Housing System.
Berkey® offers various different sized systems. All are made from high quality stainless material. Berkey® also provides one system, the Berkey® light housing unit that is constructed from non-BPA co-polyester material. Both Berkey® earth DE filter elements and black Berkey® purification elements are interchangeable as per your needs. They can be changed anytime of your choosing. It is best to keep in mind in how many people you wish to serve, how much space you will have in the area it will be kept and used at, and whether you will be using the unit on a regular basis or only for sudden emergency uses. These are all important things to think of when choosing a Berkey® water filter housing unit. Everyone should also know that the larger the housing unit the less often the Berkey® water filter system will need to be filled. A faster flow rate of water can also be achieved by adding additional filters or elements of your choice.
To learn more please watch this informative video to learn which Berkey® water filter system will be right for your water purification needs.
The second procedure is to choose your Element(s):
Berkey® earth DE filter element specifications:
- Available in 7″ & 9” sizes.
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the filtration class.
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, feces, heavy
- metals and more are easily reduced to 99.9%.
- Ideal for the price-conscious consumers and buyers to get started with a highly efficient filter system, at a more affordable price versus other filter brands and companies.
- Proprietary formula comprised of Diatomaceous Earth, granulated activated carbon and other media components, designed to exceed filtration standards.
- Filtration class: Micro-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to bacterial level at a higher standard versus other filter brands and companies.
- Each element will filter up to 11,350 Liters/3,000 gallons of water or last up to 3 years before replacement is needed.
- Economical entry price affords those who would like to upgrade to the more powerful Black Berkey™ elements down the road, the ability to get an effective and economical system now and then upgrade later.
Black Berkey® purification element specifications:
- Available in 9” size.
- The most powerful gravity-fed element in the Purification class.
- Chemicals, herbicides, pesticides, VOC’s, THM’s, feces, heavy metals and much more are easily reduced to greater than 99.9%.
- Ideal for the consumers and buyers that are not price-sensitive and is looking for the most effective and powerful way to purify their water quickly versus other filter brands and companies.
- The proprietary formulation comprised of several different media types, designed to exceed purification standards.
- Purification class: Nano-Filtration Technology. Tested to reduce contaminants to virus level, along with pathogenic bacteria, cysts, and parasites at a higher standard versus other filter brands and companies.
- Each element will purify up to 11,350 Liters/3,000 gallons of water before replacement is needed.
To learn more please watch this informative video to learn which Berkey® water filter will be right for your water purification needs.
Setting up and assembling your Berkey® water filter:
1. Remove your Berkey® water filter unit that you have purchased and make sure you have the following parts inside the packaged box:
C) Black plastic knob with a screw and washer
D) Upper water filer container (This container will have 2-8 holes on the bottom portion depending on the Berkey® water filter model you have purchased.
E) Lower water filter container (This container will have 1 hole in the side near the bottom of the filter compartment.
F) Hole plugs (Please note that number of hole plus varies with each model choice of your Berkey® water filter system. The travel Berkey® has no hole plugs.)
G) Set of 2 black Berkey® purification elements (Each element has 1 wing nut and 1 washer included)
2. The second step is to wash all the parts of the Berkey® water filter to make sure everything is clean and ready to go. It is best to wash everything with luke warm water and dish soap. Afterwards it is best to air dry everything.
3. The third step is to install the knob onto the lid using the screw and washer provided with the knob.
4. The fourth step is to place 1 washer onto the threaded part of the spigot. Carefully insert the threaded part of the spigot into the hole that is near the bottom side of the lower container. Place the second washer onto the threaded part of the spigot inside the top container. Then screw the nut onto the threaded part of the spigot and gently hand tighten them.
5. The fifth step is to prime the black Berkey® elements.
6. The sixth step is to place the rubber washer onto the threaded part of the black Berkey® element. Do this by inserting the threaded part of the black Berkey® element into one of the holes in the bottom of the upper container.
Other Incoming Search Terms: Berkey Water Filter Toronto, Berkey Water Home, Berkey Filter Water, Berkey Water Filter Canada, Berkey Water Treatment Systems, Berkey Water Filters Canada, Berkey Water Filters In Canada, Berkey Water Purification, Berkey Water Filter Information, New Millennium Berkey Water Purifiers.